Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Betta Spit Fest

I'm awful at rearing fish...

David loves cats, but I'm partial to little fishies somehow. There's just something really Zen ( yes, there's that word again - must be the Asian genes ) about watching fish swim around and around in an aquarium.

In the past however, I've contributed to the demise of several goldfishes ( they were gluttons! ), at least half a dozen tiger barbs and countless guppies all without even trying.

So, David got me a couple of Betta fishes (a.k.a. Siamese Fighting Fish - "OMG we're related!" ), which are supposed to be THE fish for DUMMIES and I'm glad to report that they've outlived any other fish i've ever had, all on their own. All I do is clean their tank, feed them and make them flare at each other ever so often as an outlet for any repressed machoism.

PLUS, I know they're happy with their homes cos they are making SPIT nests! ( er, to each his own, i guess )


TRASH UPDATE: Still sitting there! (*@#$%$)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your site too! I also am growing fond of fish - when I was in NYC last week, the Hugo Boss store had a fishtank with some fighting fish in it, and my new favourite, which is the blowfish. The name of the blowfish was Daisy, and it was SO cute. It followed you around the store... awww...

anyway - keep up the really good work! Blog Explosion is something of a good find...

Barney
http://barns.blog-city.com

Anonymous said...

Your trash photos make it look like you live way out in the country. I think that would be great. Maybe they'll collect it next time - hope so for you!
BB
baileysbroadcast.net

:: jozjozjoz :: said...

Your bettas look very healthy & (dare I say?) happy!

Desmond Goh said...

These fighting fish are ever so beautiful. When I was young, used to catch them at seladang pits. Then we make them fight each other. They can live in a small container for a long time. Your fighting fish looks very healthy. The Chinese banner is very appropriate for your site.

Tamara said...

just looking back to see if I can remember ur posts...LOL..clicked on this one & got tickled @ the spit nests!! hahaha