Wednesday, December 22, 2004

FLUFFY SNOWFLAKES

YOU KNOW HOW...

..things never happen if you wait and wait... but when you least expect it, they do? And how people always say a watched kettle never boils.. ?

IT IS SNOWING IN ABILENE!

Snow was forecast for late last night, but as I waited and waited into the night, it seemed like it was never going to happen...


Sadly i trudged off to bed but when I looked out the window this morning, this was the scene that greeted me. It had snowed about 2 - 3 inches while we slept!


It is HOT and HUMID in Malaysia all year round with a mean daily high of 32 C (89 F )so with the excitement of a child, I put on my boots and trudged out with my camera, all bundled up and giggling, looking around for photo opportunities.


After photographing my First Footsteps in the snow, on the front steps, I wandered off in search of what wonders awaited me out in the vast whiteness..

The first things I caught sight of were some birds eating out of the bird feeder that I had placed right outside one of the room windows.

One of them was a cardinal ( left ) and the others were sparrows (right ) but they all had their feathers fluffed up so
they looked so rolly polly.

I bet they were glad to find the seeds in this cold weather


OUR LONELY MAILBOX with our neighbour's field in the background


David scooped up some clean snow in the back yard from the 4 inches that we got and proceeded to whip up his famous
SNOW ICE CREAM that tasted just yummilicious! ( We still have some in the freezer )

We also took the opportunity to take some pics of me all bundled up in Winter Gear to preserve my first White Christmas memories. All in all it was a good day


5 comments:

Desmond Goh said...

Hey, Letticia, thanks for dropping by. I love your site. The photos are magical especially the ones with birds. They are like Chinese brush paintings.You can print it, frame it and pass off as Chinese Brush Paintings. Hope to read more about you guys in America. Will put a link to your site, hope you don't mind. Merry Christmas to you and David.

Meg: said...

This is the first post I've read of yours. I found you via Blog Explosion. It was a good post to find - I hate snow. I really do. (I hate being cold...and I'm uncoordinated even without slippery stuff under my feet!) But I do love to see a person or animal's first reaction to it. The wonder in their eyes. It's great!

We took our bunny outside the other day to see his first reaction to snow. A bunny isn't as expressive as a dog or cat, but it was still cute. He didn't like it - but he's grown quite accustomed to a nice 72 degree environment!

david said...

Woohoo! Welcome to the USA, and I'm glad that you are enjoying the snowfall!

K. Restoule said...

I'm glad your enjoying your first snow fall. Though I wonder if you'll enjoy shoveling the stuff. Being Canadian, I've grown to dread shoveling to the sidewalk.
Though I don't have to do it now since I live in an apartment. That's why my dad got a snowblower.

Enjoy the snow but be careful on the ice.

sweetspirits said...

cool or kewl