For the past 3 weeks now...
Our trash has not been picked up on time. We're supposed to put the bin out on Mondays and by afternoon/evening, it should have been emptied. But for the past few weeks, we've been going out day after day to check ( and it's like a quarter mile away - okay, maybe i'm exagerating, but it SURE FEELS LIKE IT and probably IS !) and meanwhile, we're having to worry:
- Will our bin get stolen? ( apparently that happens.. )
- Will we be victims of identity theft with the trash sitting out there for all to peruse?
- Do we accumulate trash in the house while waiting for the trash to be picked up, while we check daily only to find out it HASN'T.. OR..
- Do we lug out the NEW trash ( read: DISTANCE ) only to find that the trash has been emptied and lug the empty bin AND the new trash back to the house?!
- etc. etc. you catch my drift.
It's a whole different system in Malaysia where trash is picked up two or three times a week and because most people either have a VERY SHORT driveway or NO driveway, they don't have far to walk. Besides, Malaysians leave their trash bins out ALL THE TIME. However, that has its own flaws too, but THIS is a just LITTLE too much.