Thursday, January 06, 2005

One down, 3462 more to go

I had a panic attack yesterday..

And all for a wedding in June.

What happened was, I had bought 4 bridal magazines (should have gotten Wedding for Dummies instead) and as I was flipping through the FIRST one, I was bowled over by all the planning down to the minutest of details that had to be seen to.

First of all,a date had not been selected ( too many variables, what with parents and family flying in from malaysia, people having to plan their summer vacation around us etc etc). In a perfect world, it would have been the midnight of June 21st/22nd, because those were David and my birthdays.

Then, there was the WHERE.

In sheer desperation, I called Cindy and this afternoon, and we decided to look at a few more locations. We had gone to several others before, but there was always something that wasn't right, or it was fully booked.


Then, we saw THIS...


....and I just knew.

9 comments:

Mellie Helen said...

Wow, that's stunning! It's going to be a lot of competition for your bridal gown! [hee!] Hope all your plans work out beautifully. WIshing you and your groom all the best.

Anonymous said...

Oohh.. that is beautiful! Keep us posted on the wedding plans! :~) ~Salena (http://www.concrete-angel.com)

Max Bouillet said...

That was absolutly beautiful. The sheer majesty of the scene was enough to remember it forever. If you add the emotional charge of a wedding... it stands to be one of the most memorable places ever. Awesome.

Dennis Mai said...

I concur with what everyone have said, it's a beautiful place to have a wedding in. A wedding in that chapel would definitely impress your parents. Have you found out whether the chapel is available on a date in June?

My wife and I actually had two weddings; a very small one in the U.S., and a big one in Malaysia. My family flew to Malaysia for our wedding there, and it was their fist time in Malaysia.

I'm sure your parents will have a great time visiting the U.S. for the first time.

Anonymous said...

bai tou xie lau, zhao sheng gui zi, gong xi fa cai, wan shi ru yi

suanie.net

'Skyte said...

That's so lovely!

Jefftexas said...

That is beautiful! That will be a perfect scene for the perfect day :) http://pointclickjeff.blogspot.com/ Jeff

Karen said...

Hey, I think June 22 would be an awesome date. It's my birthday too! Congratulations, and I hope your dream location isn't booked.

CaCaBoy said...

The one thing me and my wife did for our wedding was simplified it. No long drawn out ceremony that puts everyone to sleep, just real simple. The things you will always remember are the way your husband looked at you when you said "I DO", the first dance, and all the friends and family that are there. You really won't remember flower arrangements or if they didn't fold the napkins perfectly! Enjoy it, but remember the big picture, which is you're marrying the man you love.