Monday, January 10, 2005

Sunset over Abilene

I had never lived out in the country before..

and when we bought the 5 acres just outside of Abilene, I was rather doubtful as I had a rather warped perception of "country".

Back in the days when I was working in a certain rural hospital in a Malaysia, there were just 5 or 6 of us doctors in the main hospital servicing a community of about 85,000 (it's amazing, but i just looked up that statistic on the net! ), mainly comprising of indigenous people who lived in the interior as well as "town" folk ( we used to joke about it being a real cowboy town with its one main street ). Those were fulfilling but extremely exhausting times and THAT was my twisted perception of "country".

Our "country home" is just 7 minutes away from Abilene. It seems that when you're out here, there could not possibly be a city of 160,000 just a stone's throw away, what with all the jackrabbits and deer roaming the property...

and with THIS view from our front yard...


How divine...

7 comments:

JustaDog said...

Awesome!

'Skyte said...

Pretty!

Anonymous said...

Oh that is absolutely divine!!!

I saw the most gorgeous sunset yesterday, but given the state of things in the outskirts of KL, I almost always had an apartment block/advert/ugly tree blocking my shot. >:P

-anna

Anonymous said...

Wow... breathtakingly beautiful!

http://vandora.blogs.com

ks said...

It's a beautiful sunset. How about the sunrise, I wonder? i used to live in an "ulu" place where the population is approx 25,000.

Sleeping Mommy said...

Oh how beautiful. How I long for a house in the country. We swear that the next one we buy will be in the country. We just have to stay in this house for another two and half years though....

Ashley said...

When can I move in? :) Lovely view, enjoy it!