Monday, March 30, 2009

And Baby Makes Three

Okay, so it was supposed to be ...

a routine doctor's visit.

We had known for a few weeks now, that the baby was breech, and that although he might go ahead and turn before delivery, it was highly unlikely that he would. So we went ahead and scheduled a C-section for April 2nd.

Today we came for our weekly appointment with our OGBYN, and found out that he was still breech, and on top of that, my blood pressure was high, with protein in my urine. They monitored me for about 20 minutes, during which it remained consistently high, and my doctor was not comfortable with that.





ANYWAY, to make a long story short, baby Jackson was delivered today via C-Section, at 4.53pm, weighing 7lbs 9oz, and measuring 19 inches in length.

I don't have any pictures at the moment, coz David has it in a different camera/camcorder and his aunts and cousins etc have pictures in THEIR cameras etc, but I will post pictures once I get some :).

Right now I'm in the hospital in the post-natal ward, recovering from the surgery while they're cleaning baby up and like that..

I think I'm still on some adrenaline rush, but will definitely blog more perhaps tomorrow, and put up photos and the like.

For now, I think I need some shut eye :)

Momma, baby, AND papa ( who had to see things in the operating room he would never have volunteered to see in a gazillion years ) are doing well.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Letti!!!

Julie said...

Congrats!

Daphne said...

Congrats to you and David! Looking forward to seeing photos of Jackson..and welcome to this world Jackson! :)

Valerie said...

Yay, congratulations!!

Now that I know the full story, sounds like when I had E except they made me wait 24 hours in the hospital before inducing me, lol.

Can't wait for pics!

Hope you have a speedy recovery - I want you to fill me in on everything about it!

Rena Tan said...

Letti, can't believe it...you can still blog right after the surgery! This really is hot news right out from the oven, huh! Congratulations to you and David. Take care.

dobbs said...

Congratulations Letti and David! So glad all went well, and you are able to blog about it so soon :)
Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Jefftexas said...

I'm glad everything went ok and that everyone is doing fine! Congratulations to you both :) Jeff

rockygrace said...

Congratulations!

Thao said...

Congrats Letti! I know you and David are both so excited he is finally here. Take it easy because of the c-section. I still feel the effects of mine 6 weeks later.

taranicole <"3 )~ said...

HURRAY! O and I are so excited!!!! Even though O thinks its CRAZY that you are blogging already :) We're so happy for you and praying for a quick return to home!!! Lots of Love from Cali!

The Chansburys said...

hey hey hey, is it not cool that our boys' birthdays are 1 day apart mate????!!!!!!!!!!!

Moments In Time said...

Oh my gosh CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! A couple of days of not stopping by and you'd gone and had the little bub!! :) I am SO glad to hear all went well and baby is healthy and well. I cannot wait to see what Jackson looks like. Hugs and kisses to the little one!