Wednesday, December 02, 2009

It was a dark and stormy night...

Well, not really,

but it was drippy and cold all day yesterday. We had intended to go downtown after Taco Tuesday so that Jaxon could see the Christmas Parade and Lighting of the Tree ceremony, but later decided that it was too cold ( temperatures were in the 30s F ) and the roads were wet and slick from all that rain. David and I felt a little bad that Jaxon had to miss the parade, but we knew that safety came first. Besides, the kid fell asleep on the short drive home from the restaurant, so he might have been too sleepy/fussy to have enjoyed the festivities anyway. ( Or is this a guilty conscience trying to rationalize things?)

When we got up this morning and looked out the window, we saw that it had snowed the night before, our first snow of the season. David later said that it had started after I had gone to bed, and there was definitely an inch or more of snow on the ground. I didn't try to get Jaxon outside to see/touch the snow because it was slippery - the sun had come up and the snow on the steps etc was melting - and muddy. So, we settled for opening the door and letting Jaxon see the white snow that had blanketed everything in the night. I don't know if he was impressed or not. :)

Anyway, by the time he had settled down for a nap and I could get out with my camera, a bunch of the snow had melted but I managed to catch a few pics of what was left..


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

McMGrad89 said...

I can't believe you got snow. I knew there was snow in El Paso, but not as close as A-town.

We are expecting some sort of cold precipitation on Friday. Could be I have my first snow day in a long time? One can only hope.