Friday, March 04, 2011

Kiddos and Cooties

Kids grow like weeds

We once again participated as consignors at the Dittos for Kiddos semi annual children's consignment sale. I didn't have that many things for the sale this time, so it wasn't stressful/crazy to get everything ready, hung up, entered into the online inventory, and tagged. In fact, as this was the 3rd ( if memory serves me right ) time we've participated, it seemed to get a little easier.


Photobucket

I checked online tonight and 50 of the 56 items that we put up had been sold! That doesn't translate into hoards of dough, though. I priced the items in a way that I myself would buy them.. and I'm quite the tightwad, so practically all the items were priced way low.

I'm glad that there are other mothers out there who feel the same way too, because although we were not able to go to the sale for the past few days, we were there tonight for the "consignor's 1/2 price discount pre-sale" event, and I managed to get some good bargains.

And why were we not able to make it to the "regular sale" ?

Well, Jaxon had been down with a bug, and then I came down with probably the same bug. It's already tiring enough to be doing all the things one does in a day, but when a little child gets sick and needs that extra love and care, it is downright draining. Not to mention heartbreaking to see the little boy not be his regular happy self. And then to get sick yourself on top of that - BLEH.

Anyway, we are both feeling somewhat better now, and hopefully will be able to enjoy an excursion and adventures with Grandad tomorrow!

No comments: