Friday, September 16, 2011

Learning with Jaxon

A couple of times a day, I'm off in the kitchen making meals or doing some kitchen/laundry room area related things.

The little boy usually spends that time in my study, playing with his puzzles and blocks, "reading" his books or watching something on Nick Jr.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Sometimes, when I go check on him, I find THIS type of scene in there.


Photobucket


He loves to come hang around the kitchen while I do stuff, and sometimes I get him to participate - there are endless teaching opportunities here, I'm sure.

Just the other day, I was shucking corn for Letti Thursday and he wanted to "help".


Photobucket

Photobucket


Of course, part of the "lesson" was also to pick up all that husk laying on the floor and put them in the trash can.

Other times, I try to find an activity for him to be close by.

This is where our dishwasher ( and sometimes the fridge ) comes in to play

Our little Dollar Tree magnetic note board has come in handy for practising those pen holding/scribbling/cleaning/erasing skills.


Photobucket

Photobucket


And I made a few colored craft stick magnets for "open ended" play for him.


Photobucket

Photobucket


I hastily made a "container" for him to put them back in, but have since come to realise that it could be improved upon.


Photobucket

Photobucket


One of my next projects would be to make MORE shape magnets and leave the composition to his imagination, AND make a better "pieces" holder.

No comments: