Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Stop making me feel old, Oh Body O' Mine!

 photo 670px-Remove-Scratches-from-Glass-Step-9_zps29e48c11.jpg
I have had glasses since I was 15.  I wore them only in classes at that point, because being one of the tallest people in the class meant you sat in the back.  And I couldn't see too well from the back.  The rest of the time, I didn't need em.  My left eye is pretty much perfect, but  my right eye is the wonky one, being about +2.0 or so.

When I started internship as a young doctor, I started wearing my glasses just about ALL the time. Maybe it was the long hours and tired eyes, or just age, but I felt like I needed them more and more.

For many years now, my glasses are the first thing I reach for when I get up.  Even though I can get around without any problems, with my left eye compensating for the right one, it is way better when you can see properly out of BOTH eyes.

In the last couple of years, my eyes have started going old-age on me, and now if I have to read anything close up, or take pictures or dial a number, I have to take my glasses OFF, or peer over them, or put them up on my head.

And it is SUPER ANNOYING! Bleh.

No comments: