Saturday, November 17, 2018

A Scavenger Hunt

So, the little boy surprised me the other day when he said he was sending me off on a scavenger hunt, and there would be a nice little gift if I got all the way through.

My first stop was one of the outdoor cat-feeding bowls...
 The clue? "You must go to the ball of weight that hath ( oh my! ) my favorite color.
 Okay, so I knew there was a weighty ball out in the yard, and it was green, his favorite color of the moment...
 And lo and behold, the next clue right under it.
 "You need to go to thy helping object which you can't pronounce"
 And we all know that the thing which I have trouble pronouncing is "Saw Horse", from the infamous "Smashed Foot" incident, what with the "W"s and "R"s the way Americans enunciate. If I was back home in Malaysia speaking "British/Manglish" English, it would probably sound like "Soh Hoss" 
 "Take the broom at the wood, and brush the dirt away"
 Et, voila! A clue er, unEarthed.
 "Go around the car, back to here, and go to the scarred-up chair, your next clue will be there"
 Don't ask me why we have a scarred up chair sitting out.
 "Go to the  middle tree, and wait"
 Now this is one fancy clue.
 "If you get this, go to the truck and recite "Mary Had a Little Lamb" ( I have to actually WORK for this? ) It's the password.  You will find the prize inside."
 After some rhyming,  I was allowed into the truck, where I found my lovely prize waiting for me..
a comic strip, 
 and this lovely little caricature of me, complete with my piggy shirt.
Thank you, little boy, it was such fun :) And I LOVE my prize. It was well worth the hunt :)

No comments: