Friday, August 19, 2011

Hacks for the Home

Some of us call ourselves Domestic Engineers

but really, we're just wives and moms who try our best to have our homes running the best way we know how, and are able to.

I had come across this "hack", maybe a year or so ago, and it was such a simple solution to such a maddening problem ( at least to me ), that I was just incredulous.

Anyway, it is the solution to the "my kitchen hand towel keeps falling off the oven door handle each time I use it" problem. I had never encountered this problem before in Malaysia, because we never ever HAD an oven. And I never cooked much either, so I guess wherever the kitchen towel WAS hanging at home, I didn't have cause to use it much. *heh*

I can't remember where I first saw this clever solution (because I really want to give credit to the person who, or at least the website which, first enlightened me on it ), but I've since found out that Martha Stewart has mentioned it on her website.

The one that I had made the first time around was getting a little raggedy, so I decided to make a few more, and hey, blog about it.


Le Prototype

Photobucket

Photobucket


Anyway, you start off with some velcro - I got the iron-on kind


Photobucket


Photobucket



This time around, I didn't do it in the "loopy" fashion like before, though. And I thought while I was at it, I would make 2.


Photobucket

Photobucket



It was really rather simple. The only other thing I needed was an iron.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Ta Da!

Photobucket

No comments: