Saturday, September 03, 2011

A Self Indulgent Food Post

Stuffed Jumbo Pasta Shells ( The protracted version )

( Not that there is a "in a nutshell" version... )

So, we had had these Jumbo Pasta Shells sitting on the pantry shelves for aeons, and for some reason, I was a little intimidated to take them on.

Some time, a couple of weeks ago, I decided to bite the bullet and just jump headlong into making some for dinner, after browsing online to get some idea about how to go about doing this.

I didn't use any particular recipe, but instead added together whatever I had at hand that I thought WOULD go together.

So we started with some browned lean ground turkey and sauteed onions, garlic and scallions.


Photobucket



In another bowl, I added some egg beaters with some Ricotta cheese and a sprinkling of salt and pepper ( all the measurements were eyeballed/guestimated - bleh ) and mixed that up,


Photobucket



and added it to my ground turkey and onions


Photobucket


I also had a packet of sun dried tomatoes in the fridge that had been waiting for something like this all its life.

Maybe not, but I thought it might be an interesting addition.


Photobucket


In goes the chopped up bits of sun dried tomatoes


Photobucket



Mix em all up,


Photobucket



and then it's time to bring in the other player in this dish, the cooked ( is it too snobbish to say "al dente with still some bite to it"? ) Jumbo Pasta Shells..


Photobucket



Next, well, comes the fun part. Stuffin' them thar shells with their intended innards.


Photobucket



I cut up some more scallions to sprinkle on top just for aesthetics,


Photobucket



and then kinda smothered them with shredded Mozarella


Photobucket


Then covered the dish up with foil ( after spraying the underside with cooking spray to hopefully prevent stickingness )

I don't even remember now how long I baked/convected it for or at what temperature, but I'm sure a quick spot of Googling would turn them measurements up.

ANYWAY, shortly after the aforementioned baking/convecting,

VOILA!


Letti's version of Turkey and Cheese Stuffed Jumbo Pasta

Photobucket

Photobucket


I used 99% lean turkey meat and reduced fat ricotta and mozarella, so really, the dish was a lot healthier than it looks. And "I" thought it was pretty yummy.

No comments: