Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Of Naked Mole Rats and Memories

Yesterday we went to Walmart.....


to return a faulty home theater system. Somehow when you click the button to turn it on, it dies.

The very young almost high school looking guy at Customer Service opened the box and said, "We can't take this back..there's no subwoofer". David almost slapped himself on the forehead right then, looked at me and said, "we left the biggest part of the friggin' thing at home." BLEH.

In the car later, pondering on stuff with the very wise naked mole rat, it struck me that suddenly i'm keeping track of stuff more carefully now. Why? Cos i would probably blog about them the next day. That has somehow made me be more aware of what happens everyday and as such, makes for more vivid memories.
( but somehow that doesn't help with noticing huge subwoofers right when you need to )



And keeping memories alive, the mole rat agrees, is not such a bad thing after all.

3 comments:

Jason said...

I know just what you mean about paying more attention to things and storing them in a corner of your mind labeled: blog stuff

Jefftexas said...

I just had posted my blog entry for today and BAM there was your entry-less than a second later-good timing :)

I do the same thing throughout the day, think about how I would word something that happened in the journal-or if I am lying in bed trying to go to sleep I will think about some things to put in there. It is fun to post and seems to make mundane things seem less so.

How are you liking Texas so far? I live in Amarillo (born and raised) and have a very close friend that lives in Abilene. Glad to hear all your family is safe :) http://pointclickjeff.blogspot.com/ Jeff

Ashley said...

HA! Sounds like something I would try to do. No mole rat here to ponder with, though.