Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's and Stomach Flu

It's been a tough few days..

what with all the retching and nausea. The first day was all about running to the toilet with churning and cramping insides.. then came the nausea, loss of appetite and barfing.



Out the window flew our plans of a nice Letti's Thursday / Valentine's Day with the boys. We did bring them out to Cracker Barrel, though,where I had a bit of soup. But 15 minutes in, I had to excuse myself to go to the bathroom to puke my guts out.

This morning, I tried to have a bit of bland ol' chicken soup and managed to keep THAT down for like half an hour. I think I've probably kept down, in these past 3 days, about 15 pieces of crackers, 3/4 bowl of chicken noodle soup and a piece of Jicama.

My stomach hurts partly because I'm hungry, but when I eat anything, my stomach hurts even more, and I start to throw up.

This is getting to be quite tedious.

The only thing I seem to be able to tolerate is Diet Coke. Other than the hydration factor, it's zero calories, which doesn't really do anything for me right now.

Anyway, on the plus side, I received several things in the mail this week from family and friends, as well as Valentiney stuff from David, so it was all good. :)

Here's the Valentine Bear and Flowers and DARK CHOCOLATE







It was a good thing I managed to savour one of those dark chocolate pieces before all this nonsense started. Bleh.

Then, I received several items in the mail which helped brighten up my day..

First was a pair of golden ( chocolate ) piggies that Jumbledmind had sent me and David. Yay.. love ya, sis.



And Syukur, sweet sweet Syukur, sent me a Anuar Zain CD, all the way from Malaysia, knowing that I like Anuar Zain and how deprived I've been of all kinds of things Malaysian. Yay, Hurray for Syukur!



Last but not least, the first issue of Good Housekeeping came ( 2 years FREE SUBSCRIPTION ) thanks to AdPerk .. We had already received 2 issues of Popular Science, and so it was sweet to get the Good HouseKeeping too. Hurray!




Update : Half a bowl of cream of chicken eaten at dinner, still holding up !


Psalm 41:3
The LORD will sustain him
on his sickbed and restore him
from his bed of illness.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm a bit concerned for you. may i ask about the cause of your health status? i hope you feel better!

Anonymous said...

Oh boy..!! hope you feel better soon.. :)

Agnes said...

Oh crap! I am so sorry that you don't feel well! Wish you get better soon. Take care!

Ashley said...

Man that rots. Hope you feel better soon! have David get you some gatorade..

Anonymous said...

I had the flu last week too!!! I'm still not eating normal... hope you feel better!

K. Restoule said...

Get Better real soon. Nothing spoils Valentine's Day more than...RALPH!!!!

Monica said...

ww The stomach virus/flu SUCKS!!!

I got free subscriptions also, I just looked at that Good housekeeping