Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Long Awaited Food Post

I may not have the best of appetites right now

but I still want Asian food :)

One way is to go get Chinese Food at some buffet place, but you know my grouse about them. Another alternative is to go to the Noodle House where I get my weekly dose of South East Asian food, but that's downtown and a little on the pricey side. So what else can a girl do except make her own.

It's funny though. Right now there are a bunch of smells that makes my stomach turn - like rotisserie chicken, fried chicken, deli food, subway sandwiches etc, but the smell of CURRY starts me salivating. Strange but true.

So here's what I made David and myself for dinner last night...


Fried Vermicelli with Napa Cabbage and Chicken




Stewed Chicken in Five Spice Powder and Soy Sauce
with Shitake Mushroom and "Black Fungus"






Potato and Carrot Curry





Baby Bak Choy




Watermelon for dessert.



Best part is, there was still leftovers for today.. YAY!!!

5 comments:

Julie Lim said...

Your story and pics has gotten me hungry, and it's only 3.55pm!

Nice blog you have, will continue reading it :-)

Frances Clements said...

That food all looks amazing.

You haven't lost your touch as a doctor. I went to the doctor here and she said it was an allergy. Just like you said.

Roban said...

This food sounds and looks so good! I have always loved pasta, but when I was expecting Hannah, I couldn't stand the sight of it for a while. I really think we eat what our body, and growing baby, needs.... Okay, except maybe for those two Krystal burgers I ate once. ;-)

McMGrad89 said...

Hey, looks like some good cooking, but I can guarantee that if were pregnant they all would be on my off limits list. I also could not stand the smell of delis or roasted chicken or turkey. But I could always eat a plain turkey sandwich with tomatoes. I did have to send my cousin into the deli for me. :-)

Anonymous said...

When i was pregnant.. i couldn't eat anything either. But go easy on the watermelon eh.