Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Still not a Letti Thursday post

But another food post, nonetheless..

I try to avoid preparing "Asian" food for Letti Thursday, because I'm not very good at it ( not that I'm good at making Western dishes either ), but I never cooked till I got to the States, and so, any Asian food I make is usually what I can remember my grandmother or mother making, and trying to imitate that. OR try to figure out what the ingredients are in the food at the Chinese restaurants here. I know. Pretty pathetic.

ANYWAY, David usually ends up being my guinea pig, but he's been a real trooper and usually likes what I make.

So, yesterday we had..


Stir Fried Pork with Broccoli and Carrots

Photobucket



Stir Fried Sweet Potato Shoots/Leaves
( this time with hot peppers )


Photobucket



Brown and Wild Rice ( with cut-up leftover chicken )


Photobucket



Seaweed Soup with egg
( this one was really for ME, cos I hadn't had it in a while, but David wasn't too wild about it *smiles* )

Photobucket

1 comment:

Asianmommy said...

It all looks great to me!