Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Aging just got SLIGHTLY easier

For a while now, I have been wearing reading glasses on top of my regular prescription glasses, ending up looking like this kid below.


The optometrist I had gone to a few years back advised that since I only had prescription in one eye, that the eyes would compensate for one another.  My good eye would mainly see far, and my bad eye would mainly do the near stuff. And he told me I could pretty much just go about without my glasses until my need for reading glasses got to be too much.

Well, I got to a point where I had to take of my glasses so much to see stuff close up,  I just went about without them just about all day, but then I would get into a situation where I couldn't see farther away.  This went on for months and months and months.

Maybe it was over a  year or so.

Then I decided I had had enough. It was a case of "That's all I can stands, I can't stands no more."

So we went to Walmart, got me a prescription for Progressives and with  me griping the whole time about how expensive glasses AND frames were, we got that done.


Now hopefully it won't take all of 2 weeks for me to get used to them!

No comments: