Friday, September 01, 2017

A Month Ago,

( side note: I haven't been too good about keeping up over here seeing how I mainly post over at the little boy's blog these days, and even though the title says a month ago, I'm going to "predate" this back to the beginning of September )

the little boy and I were walking down to the mailbox to get the mail.  As we approached the road, the little boy suddenly exclaimed, "Mommy, what's THAT?!?!?"

I looked up and saw THIS.

August 30 Warehouse Fire-001

It was close enough to us that I immediately alerted the hubs and we set off in the car to see what it was all about.

August 30 Warehouse Fire1

Turns out there was a fire out near a "motorcycle graveyard" across the highway from us, and less than a mile away "as the crow flies".

August 30 Warehouse Fire2

Fire trucks from several different stations came out in a bit and got everything under control, preventing it from spreading across the highway or anything else, which we were super grateful for.

No comments: