Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Tex-Mex Breakfast

Simple Fool Proof Tex-Mex Eggs


Ingredients:

1 bell pepper/capsicum
1/4 Large Yellow Onion
1 tomato
1 jalapeno pepper
4 eggs
Sliced Almonds
Cayenne Pepper
Paprika
Cumin seeds

Method:

  • Chop up bell pepper, onion, tomato, jalapeno and either cook in microwave for 5 minutes on High and then transfer to skillet or cook on skillet till onion rather soft
  • Sprinkle cayenne pepper, paprika and cumin seeds ( according to how much pepper/spice you can take - I usually use about a 1 tbs of cayenne, 1/2 tbs paprika and 1 tbs cumin seeds ) onto ingredients and mix in.
  • Break eggs onto top of vegetables and cover ( optional )
  • When eggs semi cooked, sprinkle on the almonds for that extra nutty taste and added crunchy texture
  • Serve while hot
DEEELICIOUS!!!!!

13 comments:

Miloud said...

I love your blog. It's soooo cool and refreshing and it is also an inspiration for me. Keep it up!

Miloud

Melinda said...

Now that's a recipe I never came across in the 30 years I lived in Texas. I'm hungry now! :-)

anne berit said...

Hi!
Just jumping by to say thank you for commenting on my blog :) Now that I'm here I see that I've seen you numberless times before on the ever so populare BE and BC. Keep up the good work ;)

Love
anne berit

TR said...

Letti dahlink!! I'm definately going to give this a try. Uhmm...not sure if we have jalapeno pepper here in SG.

Trish hungry for breakfast in SG
www.uber-mommy.net

sixthseal said...

those eggs looks amazing...four eggs that still retains their yolks, how i'll love to eat those...

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks amazing! I'll have to try that sometime.

Jeff @ Equivocality.com

rm said...

YUM! That sounds delicious, and perfect for a low-carb diet.

I like your name---my mom's name is Lettie Jane.

Jeff said...

That looks delicious! I like the fact it has cumin and jalapeno in it, sounds spicy! I think Ill make that this week! Thanks for the recipe

http://pointclickjeff.blogspot.com/ Jeff

Anonymous said...

Was surfing through via Blog Explosion. Wow, that looks so yummy. Nice blog.

Lee Novotny said...

Goodness me..r u a cook, Letti?? that looks ledicious.. heheehhe -LeeUK-

Clint said...

Pictures of food make me soooo hungry. Especially when I skipped breakfast and I'm stuck in the office all morning.

coconino said...

being categorized as having dangerously high cholesterol level, all i see in this pic is "heart attack, heart attack, and heart attack". :D Thanks for visiting my blog.

Anonymous said...

Oh another delicious Letti special. Can we get all of these ingredients over here in Msya?

-anna