Sometimes, I just don't feel like making elaborate stuff that need lots of preparation and "methodology". So yesterday, I cooked a meal that looks like it took a heckuva long time, but was really fast and easy.
1. Garlic Herb Pasta
- gravy from a mix satchet - ( took like 5 minutes to make ) with boiled brocolli & baby carrots, with sliced tomatoes on the side.
- boiling the pasta took like 10 minutes..and while waiting for the pasta, I was making.....
- brushed with mustard and sprinkled with lemon pepper & paprika & parmesan cheese
- took 20 minutes to bake in a preheated convection microwave oven which did all the work..and while that was baking, I made..
- Used a grater and grated half a jicama, a cucumber and used ready-cut/julienned carrots
- stir fried the veges quickly with some soy sauce, chili flakes, garlic powder & black pepper
- While waiting for the fish to bake, i let the vegetable cool & wrapped them up in Egg Roll/Spring Roll wrappers
- Popped the rolls it in the oven after the fish was done, for about 15 minutes.
What can i say, I try to multi-task when it comes to making meals and slot things in to do while i'm waiting for other foods to get done...especially now that Henry's taking up so much time, the wedding plans are constantly on my mind and i TRY to study some.