Monday, August 06, 2012

On the Sewing Front

I haven't made any dresses or shirts, or any more pillowcases,

but rather, what I HAVE been making, are these....

cd42459da

the ones that are "spotlighted or highlighted" are the ones that I have made for the little boy. Throughout the next few photos, you will notice that they are not looking very snappy, but then when a 3 year old plays with you day in and day out and makes you perform as he believes an angry bird and pig should perform, you would be a little worse for wear as well.

94c50f32a

They are made out of felt - not the best/most durable thing out there, but they were cheap and easy to deal with, and was what I had left over from some Felt Board projects I did with the little boy.

f1670cfaa

Most seasoned seamstresses would probably roll their eyes in sheer horror at my "handiwork", but hey, for someone who has hardly any experience in sewing, I think I didn't do too shabby... except for this "space mask" for Sad Bird in the next pic. That one was pretty bad. LOL.

8ed74d56a

BUT more importantly, the little boy enjoys playing with them so much and is sooo appreciative that it just doesn't matter.

c101ef64a

It makes me happy to see that little face light up and the little boy start squealing in delight whenever he is surprised with a new bird/pig to be added to his collection. :)

b7b4ca51a

He found a little piece of black scrap felt in the room, and gave Green Space Angry Bird a cape! :)


2 comments:

Asianmommy said...

Wow--you are truly amazing! I'm so impressed. Your little boy is very lucky!

letti said...

Thanks :) I appreciate it :)