Friday, March 29, 2013

Char Siew Chicken

I haven't posted food pics in a while... but I'll make an exception for this one.

Whenever we go to Sunrise Chinese Restaurant, the little boy loves the Chicken on a Stick - something he's picked up from his chicken-on-a-stick-loving aunt :)  I don't blame them. It really is super yummy.

I tried to make some at home one time, but it didn't turn out right at all.  The next time I tried, we used chicken thigh meat, used 2 packets of chinese bbq seasoning, and marinated it in the fridge for 3 days!

It turned out wonderfully, and I will probably try it with chicken breast the next time.


 photo 73c0cfa6-3b80-48ca-b580-3d59cfe854fb_zps7ac2ed2e.jpg

 photo 4f0308b6-85b9-4d50-a8d5-132cefaa55e5_zps925adca6.jpg

2 comments:

edina monsoon said...

As always....I'm inspired to cook. ( still havent bought that stove tho)

your IS said...

mate, i do the chicken wing drummettes marinated with Lee Kum Kee char siew sauce and some honey. easy peasy lemon squeezy! but not sure if you can get LKK where you are... :)