Sunday, March 29, 2020

Getting Groceries Post Covid

We have been isolating ourselves since we got back from Colorado, not venturing out except in the car that one time during the tornado scare.

The Grocery Shopping Routine has also taken quite the hit, and now I just get everything we need online, to be delivered.

I like how you can get notifications of when your delivery is on its way and you can track it in real time, down to what make car with what license plate number to look out for.  I'm not sure why the screenshot says "Meet Krystle at the front door to sign for your order" because we always opt for the delivery person to sign on our behalf.


I pull our little utility cart to the front "gate", where the Bin-From-A-Previous-Post is, and empty the bin's contents into the aforementioned cart. 


At the moment, it is still cool-ish, but once the weather gets warm and then sizzling, I will NOT look forward to this.


I know the cart has seen better days, but it's hanging on and working hard.

Usually I will then bring the groceries back to the front yard, where they will undergo the "wipe down" / "spray down" / disinfecting process.


On this day, I was even able to score some FLOUR, which had been missing from the shelves for weeks!  At least online, that is.

Everyone knows about the toilet paper fiasco, and along with that, there's all this shortage of baking ingredients!


There is still no Instant Yeast anywhere to be seen though. I will keep an eye out and use Baking Soda for now.

No comments: