Saturday, April 10, 2010

Animal Farm

We had a chance to visit a friend's farm today.

There's something about being able to get up close to "farm" animals. A short drive brought us to "Sikes' Farm" where he had goats, llamas, miniature mules and horses.

It was fun to show Jaxon the animals that he had only seen in his board books, and for him to be able to get close and pet them.



First came the goats. Initially, we were kind of apprehensive, especially with the horned ones.. , but they were very mellow and more curious than anything, I think. Or maybe they thought we had food for them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Next, we walked over to the miniature mules, which were a little shy at first, keeping their distance.

Photobucket



After they warmed up to us a little, I kept getting bumped by one or another of them!

Photobucket



That gave Jaxon the opportunity to try and grab at their ears though..

Photobucket




The little boy may have been a little blase about the horses, but he couldn't resist the little week-old baby goats

Photobucket

Photobucket



We also managed to see an old vintage International truck, and a classic Studebaker

Photobucket

Photobucket



I can't wait to get back there when Jaxon is a little older :)

3 comments:

Tamara said...

YeeeHawww!! I'm first to comment!!
Whoop-tee-dooo!!
Jaxon is just getting so doggone big so fast! He's mr.curious too,huh? You can just see his curious little hands trying to grab the animals...hahaha Those pictures your gona treasure forever!! I was JUST looking through some pictures to scan and send to my daughter.She's 21 now,and I TRIED SO hard to pick just a few to scan,but wound up scanning for 2 hours!lolol ALL of her baby pictures had a story,and I couldn't just send 4 or 5..Now that things are digital I'm burning like 1000's of pix onto C.D.'s....but back then I had to take the rolls of film to the store.I would sometimes have 6-8 or more rolls to develope at a time!lol..So can u imagine how many I have to search through by hand?
Anyways...it's so awesome how you can take so many of Jaxon and store them for him to see when he's grown.Of course your skin is so pretty you will be ageless when he's as grown as mine are.I bet you look the same(pretty) as you did in high school! Lord knows,I don't.I'm prettier!! (KIDDING)
HAHA...as you say...blahhhh!
Love the little outfits he's always wearing!! That hat is just TOO cool!!
*huggggs*

Tamara said...

oops...forgot to mention...a fellow blogger/friend Lindy at
http://family-luv.blogspot.com/
(ur gona strangle me,cuz I know u have your hands full)
But she asked a question about her blog cuz it's doing something crazy,and I....well....sorta mentioned how you worked magic on my blog,and that u might be able to tell her whats wrong w/ hers.
My bad.....but you are so good at this stuff and all.
;-}

Asianmommy said...

How fun!