Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Chicken Puff Pastry Empanadas

For our excursion last weekend,

I thought I'd try something new, rather than the same old cold cut sandwiches.

I came across a blog post of someone making empanadas using puff pastry ( and I had some left over in the freezer ), so I thought that would be what I'd try. I used a totally different filling than hers, though, just for a more "curry puff"ish taste.

I miss curry puffs.

My ingredients? Onions, Ground Turkey, Potatoes, Peas & Carrots and Taco seasoning ( I didn't know how well curry might go down with the FIL )

Photobucket


Preheat oven to 350 degress.

Thaw out the pastry sheets, & cut into squares once they're soft.

Meanwhile, just add all the ingredients together in a skillet and cook till... er, cooked.
Transfer that in little spoonfuls onto your pastry squares, and fold / crimp edges / brush with egg if you like.

Photobucket


Into the oven for about 15 minutes, and voila :)

Photobucket

No comments: