Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Dripping wet in the Cattery

We had gotten some turf grass..

from Lowe's for the cattery, and because of other ..ahem..."priorities", had left the grass at the back of the truck for a few days..

To our dismay, when we unloaded them 2 days ago, some had turned kinda brown and mushy..so, yesterday, David tilled up the cattery earth and we started laying down the sod.

Then it started raining.

NO, it POURED...

....Cats and Dogs ( Pun intended )

I was so miserable laying the heavy soaked sod on the ground and mud had stuck onto my boots, so I was lugging around like 5 extra pounds on each foot, I was wet, I was cold, but we knew it had to be done.

AFTERWARDS, when I was back in the house, clean, snug and warm in my terry bath robe, watching The Amazing Race I started thinking that sometimes, to feel really good, we have to go through some really miserable times first...to learn new things, we have to go through hard lessons.

( all philosophical, bleh )

Anyway, here's pictures of some of the cats all of this was done for.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No Tail Jnr., No Tail Snr., Tabby

p/s: Thanks guys for reassuring me about the wedding thing :) Appreciate it.

15 comments:

Agnes said...

So you said "some of the cats" ... exactly how many cats do you have? I start to have a feeling that you are living in a large farm / range ... are you?

letti said...

hi agnes..we have a dozen cats or so..and we live about 5 - 7 miles from the city, on a 5 acre piece of land..close enough to the city for EVERYTHING and yet far away enuff for a lotta privacy :)

Gene Lim said...

hhehe sounds like u r living in paradise!! :)
I used to dream to have a farm where i can have all the dogsss i want.. hehehehe

Ms One Boobie said...

Wow..!! that's alot of cat.. ! i won't be visiting you anytime soon.. hahha!! did i tell you .. i donch like cats..?? sorry.. just phobia.. i guess.
As for your grass and stuff.. we are in the midst of doing the same too.. ;) tiring..!!

Ayuni A. said...

awwww...they are so cute!!! especially tabby. heheh.

Anonymous said...

*jealous* you live in a big farm/type place. I always wanted to live in a place where there is a big piece of land as I love animals... I want them all to graze around in freedom.. and Ive always wanted a goat too.. Do you have a goat by any chance letti?? lol. BTW lovely cats. Take care Letti Mwuahhhhhxx

Anonymous said...

Have you experienced a tornado warning yet?

What do you think of a Texas rainstorm compared to a Malaysian rainy monsoon?

Anonymous said...

Oh lots of cats, i once had 23 some of course were kittens , i was called cat lady hehe.But now i only have one :) i luv cats

Anonymous said...

I would love to have a gazillion dogs! :-)

*~*HollyMarie*~* said...

I totally understand where you are coming from. Around here and at my church, we say that we have valleys and peaks that we go through in our lifetime. But in order to enjoy those peaks and get to one, we have to go through a valley. And it is so true. If we never experience anything bad, then how can we really truly appreciate the great blessings that God gives everyday. I like philosiphsy, it stuff that really gets you thinking.

Well, I'm at the beach, so I'm gonna go! Tootles!

*~*God Bless*~*

Monica said...

My mother has 6 indoor cats...........its hairy in there at my parents house!!!!

Miss H. said...

Letti, looks like you have a serious mini-petting zoo going on at your house *haha*. I sincerely believe that people that care for animals are the ones with the most compassion and are definitely the best people to know. Of course, being an animal scientist, I am sort of biased....Good luck with the continued wedding preparations and no worries, all will turn out well.

Sarah said...

Awww sorry you got soaked, But what cut kitties.

Sorry havent been on in a while, have been sooo busy, back now and blogging again.

Hugs

K. Restoule said...

Ahhh cute kitties. Between the puppies and the kitties, every time I'm here I go awwww, so cute.

Tamara said...

Oh my gosh,Letti! Every since I got my new kittie Callie,my time has been consumed w/ her.She is just awesome! Your kitties are soooo cute too.I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy Callie.You sure went to some pretty extra lengths for them ,so I know you love your extra additions as well as I do.
Oh,Letti,I have blog probs! Thought I might ask you before I mutilate my blog.lol There is a huge gap between 2 of my posts...just a big-o blank space.What can I do about that? Any ideas girlfriend?
Talk to ya soon I hope....ur bud,
Tammi in Texas