Saturday, September 29, 2012

Spam-o-Lot

Okay, so I've seen a popular and amazing blogger/homeschooling mom "complain" about the word verification process, and how it can be a supreme pain.

 Photobucket

I've also had a friend say that she wants to comment a lot of the time either on this blog or the other one, but never fails to be deterred / put off by the word verification thingies again.

Photobucket

I mean, seriously, look at the examples above. They would put ANYONE off.

So, I decided that I would just use the comment moderation feature on blogger and turn off the word verification. A no brainer there.

I haven't been "comment-spammed" in a very very long time - and so I thought, "Oh, it won't be so bad".

Well, I just had to roll my eyes this morning when I opened up my email, and there were 2 blog comments waiting to be moderated.

First one...

"Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Brrrrrr....":

I'm very pleased to discover this page. I wanted to thank you for your time for this fantastic read!! I definitely loved every bit of it and I have you bookmarked to see new stuff in your blog.
Feel free to surf my page Hemoroidy"

LOL @ "Hemoroidy" :P And PLEASE UNBOOKMARK ME, although I super-doubt that you have done that to begin with..!

Second one...

 "Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "That time of year again":

An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post!
Welcome to my blog [url=http://www.about-dogs.zoomshare.com/]www.about-dogs.zoomshare.com[/url]". 

Good gracious, all this buttering up is way too much for me. LOL! 

 

3 comments:

Asianmommy said...

I hate the word verification stuff, too--but if I don't use it, I've got a hundred of those to sift through. It's too much!

letti said...

I know what you mean! I have to delete those spam mail all the time now. Bleh :)

Anonymous said...

Find the verification thingy which makes you add sums up instead of those scary words ;) xoxoxo your-i-s