Sunday, May 02, 2010

Sunday Dinner

Or as they say here, Supper.

I had the opportunity to have a good long nap today, and woke up in good spirits. I mean, almost every day, there is nothing an exhausted mom of a toddler wants than just some good old fashioned shut-eye.

I also woke up in time to make dinner. *sigh*.

ANYWAY, I'm always running out of ideas as to what to make for our meals. Which is why I subscribe to a bunch of food blogs on my RSS feeds. AND why I blog about them - so that I can come back and say, "Hmm.. that wasn't too bad of a dish, maybe I'll make that again".

I mean, I don't usually have a recipe that I go by. It's just a dash of this, a dash of that, and then a little bit of this or that to get the taste right.

I know. I should have paid more attention when my grandmother used to cook for us.

So today we had



Stir Fried Kuay Teow ( broad flat noodles ) with diced tomatoes, scallions and bean sprouts

Photobucket



Stir Fried Spicy Eggplant/Brinjal with tomatoes, onions and scallions

Photobucket




Five Spice Chicken with er, scallions.

Photobucket

I just think the scallions for garnishing just makes everything look so much better.

2 comments:

Cat Cat said...

letti,
That Char Keow Teow sure does looks good... Nom nom nom nom.

Asianmommy said...

Ooh--dinner looks yummy!